Small Town Roots, Big Firm Experience.
Matt is a founding partner of EM Law. For many years he was the head of the personal injury/medical malpractice department of a large Pittsburgh Law Firm. Matt focuses on injury/medical malpractice and death cases and uses his experience and hands-on approach to help his clients get their lives back on track. He has recovered millions and millions of dollars for his clients both at trial and through negotiated settlements. When you hire Matt, he will be at your kitchen table and in your living room meeting you where you are most comfortable so that he can understand what you are going through. Matt believes that the only way to approach an injury case is to treat the client like you would your own family. He has taken on insurance companies, hospitals, big corporations and the biggest law firms to get his clients what they deserve.
Matt earned both his undergraduate and law degrees from Duquesne University and graduated with honors. Matt has been named as a Super Lawyer, to the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates forum and to the Allegheny County Academy of Trial Lawyers (where membership is limited to a select group of 250 trial lawyers in Allegheny County).
Matt is admitted to practice in front of all state and federal courts in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. He has been admitted pro hac vice to many other Courts in other jurisdictions.
- Personal Injury/Medical Malpracitce – (80%)
- General Litigation (10%)
- Estate Litigation (10%)
Admitted to Practice:
- Court, Year- Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, 2001
- Court, Year Federal Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania, 2001
- Court, Year Federal Court for the Middle and Eastern District of Pennsylvania, 2002
- Duquesne University, Bachelor of Arts 1998
- Duquesne University School of Law 2001
Professional or Trade Affiliations
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Allegheny County Academy of Trial Lawyers
- Western Pennsylvania Trial Lawyers Association
- Honors & Awards
- Super Lawyer
- Million and Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- Allegheny County Academey of Trial Lawyers
- Speaking Engagements
- Personal Injury-The Ultimate Guide-2018
- What’s A Case Worth, 2016
- Topics in UM UIM Case, 2015
- Representative Experience
- Achieved a $8 million dollar recovery in an industrial accident case for an injured worker.
- Achieved a multi-million dollar confidential recovery in estates litigation.
- Achieved a $1.2 million dollar settlement in a medical injury case
- Chairman of the Scholarship Committee, 14th Ward Baseball
- Coaches Baseball
ACCREDITATIONS & AWARDS